I have a 38 gallon tank and all my fish keep dying! It has been cycled since about november (cycled with serpae teras and a betta, which have since been removed from the tank.) I also cycled with stress zyme(?), the stuff that puts good bacteria in your tank. So far, i have put 6 albino cory cats, 6 harlequin rasboras, a flame honey gourami, and 2 platys in the tank, with my water parameters staying at 0ammonia 0nitrite <10nitrate, temp 80-82 degrees F.

Heres where it gets weird. with these perfect params, the gourami I bought died. Now, I did leave a week while my family took care of him, but he still died. Also, my platy died this morning. Last night, he was sitting in the corner of the tank, but i didnt think anything of it. Just tested the water, and there havent been any jumps in nitrite, nitrate, or ammonia.

So, what could it be? The tank has a pretty strong current b/c of the filter and a bubble bar. The tank is just starting to get a tiny bit of algae. I have sand substrate. I have 10 plastic plants of various sizes. I change the water weekly. Ph 8.4 ish. Hard water.