Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

WHY can I Have a Fish??

OK... i asked my dad first ( wrong thing 2 do ) he said NO. So then i went to my mom and asked her and of course she says: Didn't you ask ur dad that i say quietly yes. End of it!!!! I want a fishy i Dk y i just want 1 but i've got 4 dogs and 3 cats! They think i've got enough animals already and i do and thank them for it. but i wanna get a small fishy. but i dont want to make them MAD even more by asking them constantly u know HELP!!!!!

Thx 4 answering i will try it tomorrow THEN add a new detail saying if i can get it or not AND i will say everything that all of u have advised me to say Thx again! =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keeping fish is a big responsibility. No fish can live in a bowl. It depends what kind of fish you want to get as to what size TANK will be required. A Betta needs at least 5 gallons with a heater and filter. One goldfish needs at least 20 gallons. Fish live for many years (some over 20 years), and if not kept in the right conditions will die very quickly.
    Keeping a fish involves cycling the tank for around 6 weeks before getting any fish, making sure you don't overstock your tank and that the fish are COMPATIBLE, doing 25% water changes a week, supplying a heater for tropical fish, checking the parameters regularly (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH), and much more.
    Do your research (lots and lots), save up and then ask them again.
    Prove to them you can handle it and will be responsible.
    Fish keeping is very rewarding when done right.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe ask them if you can have a beta. In a bowl not a fish tank. Fish tanks are a HUGE pain to clean. Beta are cheap and easy to take care of, most offices even let their employees have them on their desk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you could ask your dad why it would be a problem having a fish as they can be low maintenence if you get a betta or one small fish. If you do good taking care of your other pets then there should be no problem. If you have the money to pay for all of your fish's things (or even half) you could offer to pay for or help pay for the cost of a fish.

The worst thing you can do is beg for the fish. Your best bet would be asking your dad to talk to you for just a little bit to clarify why having a fish isn't allowed (other than having too many pets).

If he thinks its just a sudden whim then you could agree to wait a month and if you still want one just as badly then you could get them.

If you take good care of your other pets then the "having too many pets" argument isn't a good one and you can point that out to your dad.