Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

wedding outdoors ceremony?

maybe , i need to be a little more specific. At the last minute our indoor venue called to cancel and return our deposits in full. My wedding day is less then 2 months away and since my mother is a huge beach person she pushed me and my soon to be bride into a outdoor beach wedding , my future wife didn't want to cause discord out the gate so she relented to this request and in this short of time we was able to find a private villa beachside 3 storys to book for 4 days and have the ceremony the catch was her dress is to expensive and the bridal shop said to not let it touch sand ever or it would be ruined so the only place left is the outdoor garden on the property for the wedding ceremony or the front entrance of property on the steps. The problem is it outdoors and 90 degree weather and we don't want the other guest or us to be hot because of the tempature will be that high even though the ceremony will take place at the beginning of sun set. My guest have all been notified and asked to wear all white cotton clothing and bring hats and since the home sleeps 20 invited to stay over for the night and leave the next day by 3 pm but would be offered kayaking, paddle boarding etc. The reception will immediately be held inside the venue with private caters and staff. I was told that a simple rose ceremony could take place and exchange of rings and vows with in 20 minutes. Being my guest are no one but immediate family with only my mother and father being the oldest , everyone else is 40 and under i think we have offered a reasonable solution for the discomfort . I just want to know if this ceremony can be done in that time frame before i book and pay the officiant who says it can be . Also no one in my family is paying for this wedding just me and her , so i don't see the big deal about setting outside 20 minutes if you were told offered a sorry solution and told to rsvp back if you couldn't attend because of change of venue being outdoors in that weather.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, what you suggest can be done in under 20 minutes. Actually, it could take under 5 minutes, if the officiant speeds it along.

The outdoor garden sounds beautiful. It sounds like this is a small wedding. If so, maybe a few patio furniture tables and chairs could be used instead of regular rental wedding chairs. I'm thinking of the tables that have umbrellas for shade.

If that's not practical or available, what about paper hand fans for the guests? It doesn't matter. I think everyone will be comfortable as long as the ceremony is short, so don't fret too much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    have your fiance' get a beach friendly gown and enjoy yourselves!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paragraphs, they're not just for people who know how to write.