Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think my cat will get use to the outdoors :(?

I am 16. I have four cats.
    I looovee my cats okay? They're indoor/outdoor cats. We live in the country.
    Well my Dad doesnt like cats.. He doesn't like abuse them or anything.. But he doesn't like them.
    And he's decided that they need to be full outside cats now because its summer.
    Well I don't feel bad for three of my cats because they love the outside and stuff
    But my one cat is 10, he likes going outside in the day time but at night time he likes to come in and sleep in my bed but my dads not even allowing that ):
    And now it's almost time for bed and I have to do the dishes and he's just in the window looking at me and crying..
    (he does have food out there)

I just feel terrible for him. He doesn't like sleeping outside. And after 10 years of sleeping inside he's not going to like it.

Do you think he'll get use to it? I feel awful

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, make sure he has a collar with a tag. Especially him. If he does not like the outdoors, its very likely he could try to run away or wander somewhere....Can you sneak him in your room and wake up 10-20 mins earlier then your dad and sneak him back out?? Also put a cat bed out there or a old blanket, or 4-8 towels that smell like you or a pillow! I would totally sneak him in though if you can do it sneakily! Also please answer my kitty question!! GOOD LUCK!!!