Is it safe to serve fish cold? I'm experimenting with some new dishes for a Christmas party and one of my Frankenstein creations involves fish, but all of the other ingredients are cold and I wouldn't want a hot fish on top of it. Is it safe to cook the fish and then put it in the freezer or fridge until it's room temperature or a little bit chilled, and then serve?
Have you ever heard of "the Greater Internet ******* Theory," Tai B? Because you're a perfect case study.

The thing is, my local supermarket doesn't have a wide selection of sushi-grade fish (fish which has been frozen below standard temperatures, at the very least -20 C, and stored for a predetermined period of time to kill any parasites), so I would have to use a different grade. And since a lot of food can't experience rapid heat change--it can encourage bacteria growth--I wanted to know if fish was different before I tried anything and gave myself food poisoning.

But dying of food poisoning would be preferable than having to share a planet with you.