Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone suggest where to mount a humminbird 997c side imaging transducer to

a 189 Nitro Fish & Ski boat? I just bought a humminbird 997c side imaging fish finder. I have a 189 Nitro Sport Fish & Ski boat. I am having a hard time finding a place to mount the transduer where it will be far enough from the motor (out board) and yet have a clear view from the two side standing boards on the rear. Anyone have any pictures of where they mounted their transducers that I can look at?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you intending on mounting them inside the hull, or on the outside of the transom? What do they have on display @ the "Tracker" dealer? It's my understanding that the 997c is a very good unit, top of the line quality, & I can understand your reluctance to just start drilling holes in your "Nitro", as that is a pricey boat to start with.
    I'd start with looking at other boats, talking with the owners, & the guys in the shop @ a local marina, you know? Just to see if there are any hidden issues that you might need to know about.
    Goodluck, & Good fishing