Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is there still dirt on my dishes after using the dishwasher?

I've been using my dishwasher for almost a year loading it with dishes. Before loading it, I rinse the dishes. I use name brand dishwashing soap. There are times that after use, there's dirt on them and I usually have to wash it by hand. Do you think I am loading the dishwasher incorrectly or am I using the wrong brand of dishwashing soap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you probably have a cheaper end dishwasher... or your water heater may not be putting out hot ehough water to wash with or try using cascade dishwashing blocks.
    most cheaper washers will not do much, you put in dirty dishes, you get out HOT dirty dishes.. you might look into buying something over $500 , you wil usually get a good washer.. KITCHEN AID makes a great dishwasher for around $700

Downloads
    Uploads
    does your dishwasher have a filter on the bottom somewhere. If so check often and clean often. this means that your washers pump is not rated to handle any debris and won't be able to send down the drain any food that ends up in the washer. over time some sediment may build up and reduce the effectiveness of your cleaners. an industrial grade machine will be noisier but able to flush most food down the drain.

Do you have hard water. I never had any problems with my dishwasher until I moved to a new town that had hard water. Now it almost doesn't seem worth using it. The hard water kept the powdered detergent or the tabs from disolving, liquid detergent works better but there is still always something dirty left over.

continue rinsing. check any filters or screens you might have, look into whether you have hard water and consider getting a water softener. load your dishwasher more sparsley so that the dishes don't get in the way of each other and always check to make sure that none of the taller items get in the way of the arms spinning, we often have this problem with pans and spatulas