Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What to do if your ex-best friend is spreading rumors about you?

One of my best friends(not the one who is spreading rumors) sent me a message accusing me of being jealous of people, making fun of mentally handicapped people, flaunting the fact that I take AP and honor classes, calling her a whore, and losing a lot of friends because of lieing.
    I knew she got her information from my ex-best friend Emily, who quite being my friend last month for no reason. So I confronted her about it today and found out that she did get the information from Emily and I told my friend that none of that was true. I haven't talked to Emily or about Emily for over a month. I didn't even talk bad about her. So it doesn't make sense. She had defamed me.

What would you do? I will tell my friend to tell her to stop spreading rumors about me. Would you tell a guidance councilor or principal?

I don't want to confront her because I don't want to talk to her. She also called my friend a b**ch and called her stupid, but blamed it on the fact her great grandpa isn't doing well. I consider that to be a Freudian slip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were you I would let it go. I dont think I would take it as far as going to the councelor. But I am 17 so it might be just because of my age. Things like this will just slow you down, I say the best revenge is success! Therefore keep taking those difficult classes and let the others be jealous! You will meet your true friends someday but to me it sounds like none of those friends above are true. SO good luck and remember just do you and if others believe something bad about you than let them think whatever they want. They obvioulsy have nothing else better do in their life then to talk about others. Dont be around those people(:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, this is sooo tough! Because you don't want to stoot down to her level! BUT you have ppl you like listening & may believe this. Ugh, im so sorry! What you can do is express your issue* concern w your friends. Then when given a chance in calm way blast her if at all possible! Do it in front of everyone. And pick time she's talked about any of your friends& blast her on that. You gotta make your friends see that she is a liar & backstabber & if you do it right abd state facts, especially a convo only that enemy chick & your friend/s would know v& bring it up. They well have to believe it . Because chances are it was supposed 2 be a secret between them only. Usually, ppl like this talk about everyone and need to be blasted. ..you need to be smart how you do it & plan a meeting w the girls b4 u do it...and arrange a b time for all to meet! If you're friends are smart, they will see the truth & side w you. But you have to defend yourself, but do it w class and as innocent and clean as possible. So sorry you're going through this! cheer up it'll all work itself out. The truth always does at some point if not right away!