Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are now rumors that Oladipo could go #1 to Cavs, what do u think should...

...happen to Waiters? I actually think this suits well for Cleveland more so than Noel. Strictly because Oladipo has that crazy upside and is an elite athlete (42" vertical at combine) and is a terrific defender. Noel is such a question mark with his ACL tear still and no one has even seen him workout yet so there is so much more risk there. Plus this could possibly mean Cavs could trade Waiters for a good solid big man since WAiters has already proven he is going to be a really good player in the NBA. This I think is a much better move than trading the #1 pick. Thoughts?
    www.hoopshype.com

@Zombie, last impression doesn't matter when all he is doing is interviewing. If Oladipo is drafted, u better believe Cleveland will try and trade Waiters to shore up the back court. There is no way u can draft the #1 pick and have him share minutes. Varajeo is one of the best big man defenders in the nba when healthy

Junior Member RoscoeO:WECANWEWILLt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Noel is a bad fit for the Cavs simply because they already have a high energy minimal offensive skill player in Varejao that dominates minutes. On top of that Tyler Zeller is a better fit in the starting lineup with Varejao to form a big front line because of his shooting ability.

In this draft I believe Oladipo, Shabazz Muhammed and Ben McLemore have the upside to become a superstar so drafting any of the 3 would be fine in a utopian world. Unfortunately, the Cavs are hell bent on kissing Kyrie's butt so they have to be extremely careful about the type of player they draft or risk him sabotaging the team because of his ego. I believe Oladipo has the maturity and temperament to handle Irving's ego, but his explosive game and NBA readiness, due to 3 years at Indiana, would quickly challenge Irving's title as lead dog. With that I feel their best bet would be to trade down (or draft & trade) and select Otto Porter. Porter will be a very good pro and his game wont outshine Irving's and cause trouble*.

If the Cavs want Oladipo or McLemore their best bet is to cut bait with Irving and trade him. I know it sounds crazy, but team chemistry is extremely important and what they could get back in return would turn them into a 5th or 6th seed next year and challenge for the eastern conference crown two years down the road.

*It's seldom discussed, but Jerry West had the choice between Dominique Wilkins & James Worthy back in the 82 draft. While he graded out Wilkins as being a better pro (he was correct) he was caught with the Magic Johnson dilemma and the effects Wilkins would have. While Kareem was still the Lakers best player, his stoic nature, maturity and no flash dominance (at that stage of his career) made it easy for Earvin Johnson to be "MAGIC" and be the king of Hollywood. If West brought Dominique into the mix his flair on the court would cause a big hit to Magic's ego because the finisher would get all the attention rather than the passer. So he selected Worthy, who wasn't that far off athletically, and his subdued brilliance and that allowed the Lakers to dominate the rest of the decade. Bad thing is for Dominique, he would've won a ring before Magic's ego broke the team up and be properly recognized as the great player that he was.

Junior Member RoscoeO:WECANWEWILLt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Noel is a bad fit for the Cavs simply because they already have a high energy minimal offensive skill player in Varejao that dominates minutes. On top of that Tyler Zeller is a better fit in the starting lineup with Varejao to form a big front line because of his shooting ability.

In this draft I believe Oladipo, Shabazz Muhammed and Ben McLemore have the upside to become a superstar so drafting any of the 3 would be fine in a utopian world. Unfortunately, the Cavs are hell bent on kissing Kyrie's butt so they have to be extremely careful about the type of player they draft or risk him sabotaging the team because of his ego. I believe Oladipo has the maturity and temperament to handle Irving's ego, but his explosive game and NBA readiness, due to 3 years at Indiana, would quickly challenge Irving's title as lead dog. With that I feel their best bet would be to trade down (or draft & trade) and select Otto Porter. Porter will be a very good pro and his game wont outshine Irving's and cause trouble*.

If the Cavs want Oladipo or McLemore their best bet is to cut bait with Irving and trade him. I know it sounds crazy, but team chemistry is extremely important and what they could get back in return would turn them into a 5th or 6th seed next year and challenge for the eastern conference crown two years down the road.

*It's seldom discussed, but Jerry West had the choice between Dominique Wilkins & James Worthy back in the 82 draft. While he graded out Wilkins as being a better pro (he was correct) he was caught with the Magic Johnson dilemma and the effects Wilkins would have. While Kareem was still the Lakers best player, his stoic nature, maturity and no flash dominance (at that stage of his career) made it easy for Earvin Johnson to be "MAGIC" and be the king of Hollywood. If West brought Dominique into the mix his flair on the court would cause a big hit to Magic's ego because the finisher would get all the attention rather than the passer. So he selected Worthy, who wasn't that far off athletically, and his subdued brilliance and that allowed the Lakers to dominate the rest of the decade. Bad thing is for Dominique, he would've won a ring before Magic's ego broke the team up and be properly recognized as the great player that he was.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noel is probably the last possible #1 pick who is interviewing for the Cavs, so he has the advantage of leaving the final impression. Coach Cal has stated that the Cavs have been interested in Noel for some time and his inside presence fills a void on the club....there is no solid news that he is behind schedule in the rehab or he cannot recover; that he is damaged goods. Waiters won't be dealt, so The Big O would be in a slot on the floor that would be crowded. You won't see deals that make swapping the number one pick a slam dunk....you could see the Cavs dealing a pair out of 19, 31, 33 - since there is no way the club will bring four draftees to camp.