Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member mypiedmont@yahooecoeuk's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did Google copy Android from Apple?

Did Google copy Android from Apple as Steve Jobs alleged? If true why do Apple fans still use Google for search and the like when good alternatives exist?
    Francis, thank you for the long winded answer that told me nothing. To make it easier for you Francis the question is in two parts.

1) Does Steve Job's very public allegation carry weight?
    2) If people feel Google is no longer the genuine not very evil company they once were then why don't they support the superb alternatives to Google - like the Apple phones, Bing search engines etc..

For your info I still support Google and use Google for a lot but no longer for search. I am starting to have doubts though and these latest allegations are increasing those doubts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do know this you have just stepped into a legal minefield,

I will avoid or totally ignore the question and will state this

Apple have conceded defeat to Nokia in that Apples IOS breached Nokia "Symbian" patents

This court case was settled in JUNE 2011 and an exceptionally long case, the final terms of which were NOT disclosed****
    It is known that Apple is now licensed by Nokia to to have IOS on Apples products, ****(whether this is on any literature/ manual for the IPHONE4S [as the first product released since 06/2011] not having seen it I would not know)

Be under no illusions for EVERY single Iphone sold Apple has had to pay Nokia!

In case you missed it

##Be under no illusions for EVERY single Iphone sold Apple has had to pay Nokia!##

So these are my words "At the CORE of every APPLE IOS beats a SYMBIAN heart"

As is known Apple is litigious in protecting its intellectual property..... but
    Nokia SUED Apple, for patent violation, ergo Apple could not realistically sue Google.

This is where it gets tricky Android bears more than a passing resemblance to IOS, as IOS DID breach Nokia patents, and IOS did Apple did "add/ develop" Symbian roots so it payments to Nokia will be less than those phone companies just running Android.

It now is down to each individual phone makers that run Android either settle up with Nokia or be sued by Nokia
    Android is just that Android OS, WHEN you put it into a phone ,THEN you are in breach of Nokia patents

So whilst Symbian were frustratingly hard for Nokia to develop it is essentially on ALL IOS and ALL Android phones ...It would appear that the Android machines are NOT as yet licenced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they don't know.. ? Or maybe they have no convictions about it either way? I didn't know until a few days ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats all bullshot and you just bought more of it from Steve Jobs and hes dead

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats all bullshot and you just bought more of it from Steve Jobs and hes dead

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, since Google have its own labs and product, android was the one after apple.

Downloads
    Uploads
    android was "inspired" by iOS