I was planning on getting a Windows Phone 7 as it has a standard for all devices meaning all Apps will work on all devices. Unfortunately Microsoft in all their wisdom decided to go Apple style and remove a functional SD-slot from all WP7 devices.

Now I'm looking at Android models and the Droid Pro looks interesting. I'm wondering though if all Apps will work on it. Is has a different (read:low) screen resolution and Android devices are constantly getting different hardware specs as well. It seems to me that when Android has 300,000 Apps all the old ones won't work on newer devices and old devices can't handle newer Apps.

Is this a problem right now? Will this be a problem in the future? Your knowledge, your thoughts, please share.
@Neversuited, so what your saying is that a version of Android from 2009 (1.5) already isn't compatible with modern Apps? I want my device and apps to run smoothly for many years even if it is is dated compaired to other devices.

Does the Android marketplace atleast let you search for compatible Apps or will you have to find that out yourself by reading discriptions and testing them out?