Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I accidentally jumped in the pool with my cellphone in my pocket. Is there...

...any chance that it will work again? It's a Katana by Sanyo.
    Image here: http://www.analytica1st.com/analytica1st/img/sanyo_katana.gif

Right away, i took the battery out. Is the battery the problem? Did the water short-circuit it? Will it ever work again?

I absorbed the water behind the main display screen (the one you see upon opening the phone), but could not get to the tiny screen on the front. There are still a few droplets of water in there. I also opened the back where the battery goes to air that out; I exposed the phone to a fan to try and dry the water. I don't know if any of this will do any good.
    My phone does not have a sim card. Will all my pictures, numbers, and texts be lost forever? I guess i can't ever get it back.

What would happen if i reassembled my phone and then plugged it into the charger? Would it fry the phone? > <ahhh

I had...important things on there...
    Any help is appreciated...
    R.I.P. my portable electronic friend of over 2 good years....
    (the guys at the pool were laughing at me...) :<

Downloads
    Uploads
    well let it air out for like 3 days or something and then see if it turns on. if not then like that guy says, put it in the sun with the wettest part facing up BUT ONLY FOR A DAY and DON'T put the battery out because most likely that will fry it if you leave it out for too long. by then, if it isn't working, then you probably won't be able to get your pics and stuff off anyway and it won't hurt to try charging it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try putting in a bag of rice. Another thing that i have heard of but never tried is to put your oven on it's lowest setting and put the phone in for a few minutes. Like I said, NEVER tried it myself. My dad dropped his phone in the Ocean and let it dry and it worked fine. Of course he had green stuff growing on his screen for a while but that went away after a while. As to whether or not you can recover anything depends on if the memory was damaged.

Unregistered

remove the battery....

and put the phone in rice for several days, the rice will wick the moisture. My friend did the same thing you did and it worked for her. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah i dropped my friends phone in the pool for like a minute and 2 years later it worked same with my sister. my other sister got lucky she stuck it in the dryer and worked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you take the battery out and let it sit in front of a fan for a few hours it will dry up..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha well it kinda sounds like you are solving the problem on your own . The only way to find out is to test it and do everything you just said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put it in the sun for a while. (at least 3-5 days)

It will work, my phones get wet sometimes and they break, but I let them dry in the sun for a LONG time and they work after that.

P.S. Good luck with the phone >_>

Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have a warrenty? you could let it dry for 2 days and then try it.

if water is behind the screen, more than likely its ruined.