Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the point of a Gadget deck in Yu-Gi-Oh!?

I am torn between making a Gadget Machina deck, a Geargia Machina deck or a Madolche deck

I know that a Geargia deck can swarm the field easily and gain field control with rank 4 xyz

I know that Madolches can recycle and have swarm potential and they are getting more support later

But what is a Gadget deck used for?

And any suggestions on which deck is more fun?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gagdets are actually the old versions of geargia and that's why thy aren't in the meta decks nowadays. A Gadget Deck is a Deck Type that is designed to use the effects of the Gadgets monsters "Red Gadget", "Yellow Gadget" and "Green Gadget" to gain Card Advantage. Summon one Gadget and add another to your hand, to get ahead in card advantage and use 1 For 1 Cards to remove as many opposing cards as possible while staying ahead with extra cards you added to your hand with each Gadget.

Technically, this is a Machine-oriented deck that relies upon the constant stream of machines gained through the Gadgets' effect of searching for each other, thus replenishing one's hand and thinning the deck in the process. More often than not however, it is built as an Oppression-oriented deck, that is, it relies on its capability to negate most Special Summon mainly through Royal Oppression and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo. Lots of cards, such as Snipe Hunter, Fissure, Smashing Ground, Hammer Shot and so on are included to deprive the opponent of Monster Cards, while Shrink and Mirror Wall allows to take down even powerful monsters with the somewhat weak monsters the deck offers. This strategy makes a Gadget deck quite deadly against most of today's decks, since Special Summoning monsters have become a staple strategy of many archetypes.

I'd advise you to go with Madolches or Geargia. Madolches are a little bit harder to master and they require more skills than geargia but up to now geargia had more success on tournaments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd honestly say to skip madolches. They are not very powerful unless you get a good hand and you end up running more staples than madolches.