My blog set up is nicely tuned. It could be better.As the moment I*write posts with Byword on my MacBook Air. Sometimes I start a post using Byword on an iPad or iPhone while on the move.
Although Byword can post direct to WordPress.com, I publish posts as drafts. That way I can do a final tidy before adding categories, tags and featured images.
When I hit Publish, WordPress sends a link to Twitter, Google+, Linkedin and FaceBook.
In What I want from a blogging platform Dave Winer says he’d like:
The full text should be sent to Facebook or/or WordPress, including a link back to the original post. Revisions to the post flow to Facebook and WordPress.
Now that’s something I’m about to work on. I thought of using the Mac’s automation tools to do this, but Rajeev Edmonds suggests I use an IFTTT recipe to achieve the same goal. So that’s my next rainy day project. Adding Google+ to this would be good.
The tough part will be getting those revisions to flow back — somehow I don’t think that’s going to happen soon. If you know how I can manage this, please let me know.

Filed under: Blog Tagged: Byword, WordPress