Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

some cool gadgets and what not for motorcycles?

my boyfriend just got a motorcycle, and i'm wondering is there any cool gadgets, toys, cool equipment, i could get him? for a valentines gift.

thanks for any suggestions (:

Junior Member going_for_baroque's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good on ya for thinking of a motorcycle-related gift!! If he's not had this bike before, how about a repair manual? Not too expensive, but when you need one, nothing else does the trick, especially useful is the troubleshooting chapter. Does he have a good helmet? You can spend a bit on a good helmet, because that old adage still applies- "If you have a $10 head, get a $10 helmet." Spend a bit more, get a better helmet. And don't forget a spare face shield or two. One other item people frequently wish they had are gloves- not too expensive, but something his fingers will appreciate, whether off-road gloves to keep the brambles off your skin or insulated gloves to keep your fingers warm. Good boots are another good thing, something he'll be glad he had when he needs them. And don't forget, a lot of bikes need "special" motor oil, so maybe a five-liter jug of good oil will make him smile.

OK, now for a comment- if you're thinking of him, he'll be happy with just a hug because *you* gave him the hug. That's my unbiased, objective and unsolicited opinion. ... Be happy!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too many things to pick from at the Motorcycle Shop, but you could go the local animal shelter and get him a kitten. Then next day at work he could truthfully say 'I got a little pussy for St. Valentine's Day' and you could tell all your friends that you gave it to him.
    Just a thought, I work part time at an animal shelter.