Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

are modern gadgets making us lazy?

give advantages n disadvantages

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that people ar either lazy or not. If you are an industrous person and you have lots of time-saving gadgets you just use the time saved to do something different.

Ie. I have a dishwasher, washing machine etc. but I do a full time job so the time I've saved on housework is utilised elsewhere. In other words I'm still busy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that we are. But i also think that it is the individual that decides whether they should do something else other than use their gadget, or just go out for a nice jog or whatever.

I dont think there are any advantages or disadvantages of gadgets. Only that some waste loads of power, and that some could cause pollution. But some gadgets can be used for good, and some gadgets can be used to actually change lives (disabled people with the electric wheelchair, food industry for mass producing food, school/college for learning).

I myself, am an active person. I go to the gym, i go college. I do weights at home, i go out with friends, jog once a week. But i get my fair share of Xbox 360 and watching movies and using MSN too. Its not the gadget thats the problem, its who the individual is that can be the problem!

I do think that a lot of people have become too independent on gadgets, which affects the way they do things. When too many kids rely on gadgets (PS2, XBOX 360, phones and computers) Then they become lazy.If parents taught their kids to go outside and play football or to go for a swim, then these kids won't be obese like they are. If parents and adults alike learnt that there is more to life than gadgets, then they too would do something more constructive.

Gadgets in itself are great, and have many good uses too. They can even help make modern life easier.But with other gadgets like games consoles, used too much and thats where the problem starts!