Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member americansneedtowakeup's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shouldn't leaving billions and billions of dollars in debt for future?

generations to pay off be illegal? It is immoral. Our children and grandchildren will be paying for our illegal occupation of Iraq in addition to any other debts they accrue.

If you strongly don't believe in living off the government, then you shouldn't believe in living off the unborn either.

I believe in paying as I go. The U.S. occupation of Iraq is like me walking into a furniture store and ordering thousands and thousands of dollars worth of new furniture, and when it comes time to pay for it, I just say, 'Oh, my great-grandchildren will pick up the tab!"

Disgusting, isn't it? Especially since Condoleza Rice has come out and admitted that our occupation of Iraq was "unfortunately based on incorrect information."

It makes me embarrassed sometimes to think I live in a society with such stupid, selfish and incompetent legislators.
    The ONLY way this country will ever get a grip on that debt is to raise taxes or substantially decrease services. In other words, nobody will get student loans, public education, minimum healthcare and road/freeway systems will not be improved, and what you do get will cost you an arm and a let. That is what they have to look forward to ...
    One other important factor for consideration is how the USA produces fewer and fewer products ... we've moved away from goods into services, but much is being outsourced. It will eventually also be quite difficult to increase our GNP.

I think somebody needs to put this country on a SERIOUS spending diet.
    Nicole: Grounds for it to be done? It didn't have the backing of the UN. No evidence was ever detected. And yes, it is illegal to invade and occupy a soveign nation. As a side note, why do you ~really~ think Collin Powell resigned? (wink)
    When there isn't enough money, the treasury just prints more money ... worthless money really ... and deflates the value of the dollar.
    If debt is so good for a nation, then it must be good for me too? I think I'll run out and run up my credit card bills. Hey, they are interest free, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bahhhh. Bleat!

I sense a long life of embarrassment ahead of you.

Read your additional comments. Too funny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well actually the national debt is not even dominated by the debts that have been accrued in iraq. as far as debt being left for future generations to pay off goes.. debt is an understood part of this country, no matter what it is for. National debt is neccessary for the success of the nation, because by America owing people money, people are more inclined to support the success of the country. And... although going into iraq may not have been the best option it was not an "illegal" move and there were grounds for it to be done. what information did Condoleza Rice base her statement on? because you should probably look into that before you go quoting her and taking that view.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You hit the nail on the head.