Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do other parents find their childs creativity waning due to ipod touch and...

...such gadgets? My son is 13, doesn't read anymore. Oh yeah, reads Calvin and Hobbs.It's like he left his body and left behind this pad touching shell of a human. Very sad to me. He used to play bball, and read voraciously. No girlfriend (pretty sure). I think I will put the itouch away for a few days and see what happens. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks for reading this.

Thanks. It's not so much that he doesnt read, per se. It's that he doesnt do anything without being prompted in some way. Even without the itouch. He will play with the cat and sit around doing nothing. Is not a self motivated kid. Summers kill me. It's just with the itouch it's worse. I am the opposite so that could be playing into this. thanks again for the thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. All you need to do is simply say this to him. Threaten him and give him a warning. That what my legal guardians do

Downloads
    Uploads
    After a while reading just becomes boring, especially for kids who read a lot when they were young. He's likely reading a book for his English class in school and isn't interested in anything is his school library.

I don't think technology takes away creativity, but instead, helps it grow. Taking other people's ideas and combining and improving them is still creativity in my eyes.