School partners with anti-malware developer for funding

Posted on 21-Jun-2013 11:29. | Filed under: News :*Computing.

The Motueka Rudolf Steiner School has set up an innovative win-win-win fundraiser with an international software company. The independent school has outgrown its rented buildings and needs a new, larger home. Fund raising for a new campus began over a year ago with parents running market stalls, raffles, and holding special events.“We are good at running local fundraising events, but we knew we had to reach further to raise the amounts needed” said development manager, Peter Garlick.

The school made a video and new website, and used Facebook to promote its message worldwide. The break through came when Christian Mairoll, general manager of Emsisoft visited the school.

Emsisoft is an antivirus software vendor based in Austria. Mr. Mairoll was in New Zealand looking at business opportunities when he learned of the school’s plight.

“I could see the school needed to take its fundraising to the next level, and I was in a position to help” said Mr Mairoll. The deal sees Emsisoft offering their product Emsisoft Anti-Malware for only $20 per year, instead of $50. This 60% discount is only available for June and July 2013.

The school will receive 100% of the net sales revenue for that period.

Mr Garlick said “PC users win because they get the best anti-virus software for less than half price, Emsisoft win because their brand gets known in New Zealand, and the school wins by getting all the money. I’m not aware of any other school fundraiser where an international company offers to give away all their sales revenue for two months.”

The Motueka Rudolf Steiner School is a primary school with a roll of about 60 children. Steiner education is both broad and holistic and seeks to engage the head, heart and hands of every child.

The school is planning a new campus located out of the town so it can incorporate farming, gardening and nature into its daily routine.

More information: http://www.emsisoft.co.nz/en/order/thirdparty...

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

comments powered by Disqus