Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it usually take for a release (CD, Software, Gadget, Books,

etc.) to reach the country? So I'm always struggling with this; I patiently wait for a release date on any book or a gadget or a DVD boxed set or whatever. I keep having to go back & forth to shops and/or call to check if they're available or not.

I've noticed that how long stuff gets here varies, for example: I remember how the Harry Potter books were available in Jarir the next day after the international release date. While some other software or book or video games (even when very high in demand) take forever to get here, even when the product's theme isn't really something that looks like it needs to be thoroughly inspected for nudity or anything else, like some Guitar Hero games, for example. Another example: Jarir says that The Sims 3 won't be available till next month, even though the previous game sold like hotcakes, so, aren't they losing a lot of market this way? People always have others means to get things.. It's hard to believe they weren't aware of the demand.

I dunno what the system of importing products here is, and that's what I'm curious about. How does it go? Why do some products get here faster than others? Is it just a problem from customs, or the vendors? or what?

Also, what do you think the average time for products sold in stores to get here is? Assuming of course that customs allowed them through.

Downloads
    Uploads
    books, music, films, games, art or any other publication are all need to be authorized by the Ministry of information before they get into the saudi market.

On the other hand in case of a book like Harry Potter there were probably an arrangement made between Jarir bookstore, the publishers and the ministry, otherwise it will not get to saudi market this fast.

we also have a microsoft branch in saudi arabia, and many other leading companies in software (programs), so we don't really have a delay in software that is caused by the ministry