Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I get the Windows 7 Gadget bar to dock on one side of the screen?

In Windows Vista, I was able to dock the sidebar to one side, not having it overlap the windows but have the window adjust to the one side of the sidebar in full screen. The sidebar was fully displayed yet it wasn't overlapping any windows, and the windows were in full screen. How do I do that with the Windows 7 Gadget bar? I'd like my notes to be displayed to the right of the window conveniently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Microsoft Developer explain in the following article why there is no any dock event for the Sidebar in Win 7, as it is in Vista:

The Windows Sidebar, introduced as a gadget presentation and development platform in Windows Vista, ships in Windows 7 as the Windows Gadget Platform. The design goals for the Gadget Platform in Windows 7 emphasize backward compatibility with Vista Sidebar gadgets, tighter integration with the Windows desktop, and reduction of visual clutter through a refined and unified UI. To meet these goals, the Windows desktop replaces the Sidebar as the gadget container and management layer. Gadgets were never physically constrained to the Sidebar, so removing this middle layer visually streamlines the platform and maintains the full functionality of Sidebar gadgets.

You can see the full article here at this link from Microsft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd370867%28VS.85%29.aspx

Hope that helps.