Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gizmo, my hamster, escaped!!!!! How can I find him!?!!?!?

I just got this hamster a couple months back because I love animals. I heard him in his cage last night running on his wheel. When I woke up to get ready for school, his cage was empty! I'm so sad that I'm crying. I am 12 years old and afraid that he may be dead. I have put out peanut butter, tin foil, his fave food, water, and left his cage gate open ( *note that he knows how to walk right into his cage through his cage cage if it is open*) Please someone out there...help me find my hamster I love him so much!! I have also search the house as much as I can go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First be careful not to step on it if its lost one of the best methoods of getting a hamster is to get a bucket and a pile of books to make a "stairway" leading into the bucket, and set it up somewhere central in the house. You can line the bucket with a towel if you want, and place some food that your hamster likes in the bucket, perhaps strong vegetables or sliced apples which also leave a smell.

Put some on the steps leading to the bucket too. Hopefully this will act as a kind of trap to find your hamster, as it will smell the food and follow the trail right into the bucket, where it should be unable to climb back out of again, so effectively you have caught it and it is back in your care.

most people tend to lure it with food and it usually works put food up somewhere and something to trap it with because the hampster is sure to get hungry !!!!!!!
    hoper that helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well since i really care i'm just gonna give it to you straight........ he's prob dead i would quit looking

Junior Member The_Darker_Side_of_Me's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no easy awsner
    i was lucky i had two sightings before i caught my girl Sandy i was advised to carry a towel with me everywhere
    i happened to be taking a shower when i opened the door to get out the little thing was drinking the water that had dripped out threw a towel over her and got her back in her cage
    this makes me caution you that for a little rodent getting food and water is hard in a house in the middle of the room it escaped from put down a sleeping bag and food and water and try and stay awake and very still

hamster chocolate or yogurt is a great treat they love lay them out and see if any have dissapered to make sure gizmo is still alive
    there's always hope