Gen-i’s has launched a new website, developed using the New Zealand designed Silverstripe web platform. The site, which is locally hosted on Gen-i’s own cloud platform, features a clean, visually-rich layout that Gen-i’s Online & Digital Manager Lloyd Anthony says is an example of world class Kiwi design.“We wanted the site to be about making Gen-i more accessible, and using technology to deliver an online presence that will meet the demands of our customers. The Silverstripe platform has made this easy to deliver,” says Anthony.
“The site has greatly increased functionality with less text, and is built for how people browse the web today, scaling to any size screen, including mobile,” he says.
Anthony says the decision to host the site onshore also allows Gen-i to show local clients that its cloud solution is ideal for doing business via the web.
“It’s a great example of what we can do for New Zealand companies that value resilient infrastructure and data sovereignty.”
Janine Eastwood, Business Development Manager for Silverstripe says she is pleased that Gen-i is enthusiastically sponsoring Kiwi ingenuity in choosing their technology for the site development.
“Having a good public facing web site is vitally important for any business. It can no longer be a static online ‘brochure’; it is the way through which customers, partners and the wider world expect to interact with your business today.”
“For New Zealand companies, being able to work with a local company like Gen-i that is trustworthy and reliable goes a very long way towards building success.”

The Gen-i site will not be the last time that a Telecom company will work with Silverstripe, which recently launched the Common Web Platform it developed for the Department of Internal Affairs. Revera – now owned by Telecom – will provide managed server infrastructure for Silverstripe’s platform, as well as network and firewall services.