Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Even with all the modern gadgets why are people of the west still so depressed?

westerners have good food and all the modern toys which does all the work for them. lawn movers to cut their grass, cars to carry them around, computer so that they can play with, and washing machines that washes their clothes , but still people are unhappy and grumble.

Go to a 3rd world country and the majority dont have even a proper plate to eat their food in , and still they are happy and full of life and humor.

why does the affluent west keep breeding miserable beings while the under developed and poor 3rd world keep breeding happy people?

Junior Member slyphyeeouijabonfire's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depression is an illness of the mind and has nothing to do with possessions and everything to do with brain chemistry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that many people in under developed and poor 3rd world keep breeding happy people. Or why else would they all want to come here? Besides, starving and living in a shack doesn't make one happy. It's a pretty miserable experience. Not happy at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i agree with you..

Greed and desire are our problems in the west...the more we have the more we want so we are never trully happy..when we are gratefull with all we have then shall we trully know abundance..until then we live unhappy lives where the things we own end up owning us..

Downloads
    Uploads
    seek and you shall find. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". >>>>free meaning spiritually,morally,psychollogycally my dear! Well when the West embrases ISLAM,than will be happier,healthier,more content society!!! You are so close to finding the truth,come in o ye true believers!!!

Junior Member DonnaaNewYearasamemee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not depressed. I do think about all I have. To some people I live like a queen, to others I probably look like a pauper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I am quite delighted.

The media keeps telling me I'm unhappy, but unlike you, I only laughed.

They don't make money if you're happy, because if you're happy you won't feel so compelled to buy the useless overpriced crap they're selling.

Join the revolution and laugh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    because all of the technology and modern comforts are created to make life easier. things are created so that you don't have to leave the house as much, you don't have to socialize as much. this leads to loneliness and having a harder time finding a mate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You keep asking these ill informed questions about West vs 3rd World Countries based on narrow-minded assumptions

Basically you are mistaken. I live in the West, have loads of gadgets, and am very happy with my life although I am sure you are perfectly miserable with yours.

I've also travelled (more than you by the sounds of it) and met plenty of happy people in 3rd world countries too. But I've also met many who's lives were a disgrace for various reasons, and many of them just wanted it to end. I see less of that in the West.

Why don't you move ro somehwere like Haiti or North Korea if it is all so great and bohemic in these countries?