Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are electronic dog gadgets any use?

My neighbours dog keeps barking all the time and the neighbours are just as bad. Stupid ignorant morons and they fully intend to do nothing about the nuisance their dog is causing. So, are those electronic things you see advertised to give the dog a dose of his own treatment any use? When he barks they send out a signal only the dog can hear and he is then supposed to shut up. Anyone know if they are worth the money or not? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I have found to really work is the citronella spray collar, and your neighbors should buy them for their dogs. You need to call the Police every time there is nuisance barking, make reports and press charges if it comes to that. A good place to buy these citronella spray collars is Pet Edge online, www.petedge.com.

Sometimes it helps a LOT if you can just talk to your neighbors about their dogs' barking. They are either not home when it happens or they tuned it out a long time ago. Give each a Pet Edge catalog or the web address (www.petedge.com). Try to be nice and explain that you don't want to report the dog barking which is really bothering you and are asking them nicely to do something about it. If that doesn't work, call the Police, Animal Control and everyone else.

Sometimes moving is the only solution. If you don't want to move, get some music you love to hear and play it to help drown out the bark-bark-barking. Stock up on good quality earplugs. Good luck with your inconsiderate bad pet owner neighbors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard mixed reviews. Some people say they work, some say they are useless. All you can do is buy one and put it near where your neighbors dogs stand and bark and see if it helps. Keep the receipt so you can return if need be. One thing you might try is an air horn, like some people blow at sporting events. It is essentially canned air with a horn on it that blows a loud ear shattering honk.
    My brother is handicapped and carries one when he is out on his mobility scooter to keep neighborhood dogs away. He has recently moved and the neighbors dogs bark constantly. If they wake him up or keep him from sleeping, he goes to the back door, opens it and blasts the air horn. It has gotten to the point that the dogs run and hide when they see him now.
    You might give this a try, and if it annoys your neighbors, so what.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My aunt had one for her dog and it worked, but it was a collar and it made a high pitched noise when the dog barked. I don't know if it would work not being on the dog. I would make a complaint to the police about the neighbors dogs and then maybe he/she would realize their dogs are causing trouble and then maybe fix the problem. I hope this helps and good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    training works better

talk to neighbors
    call police on noise

Downloads
    Uploads
    Training out performs electronic devises every time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The spray collars have actually been hailed as a form of animal abuse by Victoria Stilwell. How would you like something randomly sprayed in your face? Also, they can become immune to it.