Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

DYI: What's the gizmo that is a water diverter?

I was told that when someone flushes the toilet or turned on the dishwasher I won't get scalded or frozen when taking a shower, anymore if I attach something between the pluming end of the shower and the shower head.
    What is it? What's it called? Where/how do I find it? Can only a plumber do it? I'm tired of waiting until everyone is asleep or away from home to take a shower to I don't get a surprise during my shower.
    Thanks. Any direction in the right direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks Guitar.
    Papat: I announce that I take a shower, and someone doesn't hear or doesn't care, though that's why the diverter idea.

Thanks Guitar.
    Papat: I announce that I take a shower, and someone doesn't hear or doesn't care, though that's why the diverter idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    replace the valve or ask all to not turn on the water when you are in the shower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called a shower diverter valve. These days, most shower valves have this as a safety feature. you shouldn't buy one that doesn't have it.