CHAT EVEN AFTER HEARING G GADGET? I USED TO USE GOOGLE TALK extensively on another computer. I need to leave messages on my son's computer...we used to see them pop up on our screens..for quick attention, but for some reason, after confirming all of my account information (sent email confirmation on acct. information. Then the page comes up with a quick launch directly into google talk without chat or teleconferencing to Mars, etc. I always got the google chat page. I see and hear the demo telling me how I can add google talk to homepage, etc., and see the illustrations show google talk as it used to appear, However, I am unable to find the live box where you type in your message and the address of the person you are going to talk to. I saw the DOWNLOADS COMPLETE. I don't get it. How can something so damned easy turn into a major, counterintuitive headache? Is there an equivalent yahoo talk? Years ago I used AOL messenger, but never had any trouble accessing it. I don't understand why when it says skip chat and go directly to the launch button below (1/2 inch below and a 2 inch bar) all I ever get is a page telling all about chat. I use chat a lot of times when I have questions to companies when I buy something online. I have some friends who I used to google talk with and some of them are worse than me...and are not going to set up chat. Any logical, simple and sane answer will be appreciated. What other services comparable to google talk are available? (that doesn't involve setting up 3-D teleconferencing with Saddam Hussein in hell?)