Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what can i eat to make my baby healthy?

i am about 4 or 5 weeks into my pregnancy and i dont know what kind of foods i should be eating to keep my baby healthy. are fruits good?
    also does anyone know any teen pregnancy help centers in the state of washington? not washington DC. i live in tacoma

please help me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Care Net Pregnancy & Family in Tacoma (off 6th Ave)- 253-383-2988. They can help with free maternity and baby supplies.

If you have DSHS, theres alot of programs that they can hook you up with, like getting a nurse to come over and help with learning what to eat and do when the baby arrives. Theres maternity supports too...

Also, theres a great pediatrician in University Place (in Tacoma) that will do a housecall for your baby when he/she is born. She comes over for the first visit and will do all the stuff that would normally happen in the office. It helps alot for new moms. Especially if you dont have a vehicle. And who wants to expose baby to all the germs in a doctors office when they're so fresh and new??

Her clinic is Fir Creek Pediatrics at 253-565-7686.

BTW, eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Keep your diet balanced with enough protein and vitamins. Get yourself a prenatal vitamin and drink way more water than you normally would.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    fruits are definitley good, along with veggies if you need insurance, etc. contact dshs all you have to do is call and tell them you are pregnant, they will send paperwork to fill out and you will get medical assistance, plus they will give you info about WIC, support groups, referalls to doctors, and will answer any questions you have. if you have any other questions email me: [email protected]

Junior Member It'saBoytDueNov29th's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meat, veggis, fruit.... anything that is good for you.

I am not sure of any in tacoma.
    I moved a looong time ago.

Try googling it, good luck.

Junior Member 261/2wkswithBabyGirl's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just eat from the food pyramid, plus you need a lot of folic acid while pregnant, foods such as oranges, strawberries, turnip greens have a lot of folic acid, so you would eat a lot of those foods also.. God bless and hope you have a healthy baby..!!