Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nutrition and Uterine Fibroids?

Hi All! I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction for improving my nutrition while trying to treat my uterine fibroids. I may need surgery, but in the meantime, I'd like to make sure I'm helping with my diet (or at least not aiding growth.) I'm aware that I should be avoiding meat products, sugar, spicy foods, dairy and caffeine. Those are the no-brainers. But, I'm getting conflicting info on foods such as: apples, cherries, plums, peanuts, brown rice and oats. These, and others, are on both the "avoid" and the "add to your diet" lists. Anyone have any info and/or suggestions on places to get info? Thanks all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is true that some foods one person will do well with will not necessarily nurish another person. Normally you can safely add whole foods to your diet while refined foods may or may not be helpful. For instance oatmeal cooked is more slowly digested than oatmeal in an ingredient list on a highly refined food package. But the slower digestion rate is good for you while the fast digestion of refined foods act more like a sugar rush the body is not prepared to handle very well. God bless you and have a good day.