Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

military army (fitness)?

ok so i know when you go to army bct for fitness when you get there you have to do at least 13 push ups 17 situps i think and a mile run in 8min 30 sec im not worried bout the pushups and situps its the running im not sure bout....now my question is if you dont pass that when you get there are you imediatly done for or do you get another chance

thanks

i leave for bct and reception the 21st
    sorry for not giving more details i go to ft knox and i am a male and im 18

Downloads
    Uploads
    well start workin on ur cardio dude.its called dicipline

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are you going to bct?? And I'm not sure who told you all that jazz about that fitness test but the particular one you're referring to is just the assessment, not the actual APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test). The APFT actually consists of 2 minutes for push-ups, 2 minutes for sit-ups, and a 2-mile run. It's not as bad as you would think at all and no, you're not "done" if you don't pass the first time. Many people do not pass the first time due to no routine exercise in their civilian lives. I'm not sure how old you are but I'm assuming you're a male by looking at the assessment requirements you just posted. It is different for certain age groups and I could be of some help in that area too if I did know your age. Um, you will probably never only run 1 mile in bct unless it's just a warm-up for more exercise but as far as PT tests, you will most likely be given 4 throughout training and the last one is for record. All of them are important to do your best and DO NOT WALK...lol but the Record APFT is the one that's gonna be your ticket to graduation from bct. Your drill sergeants will definitely have you in shape for that if you give every PT session 100%. Don't worry, you will get better and you will see improvement throughout the course of training. By the way, what is your MOS? Best of luck and welcome to the Army!
    O and they never sent anyone to "fat camp" where I was...and trust me, they should have sent about all 3 platoons! Don't even worry about that!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    APFT requirements: 35 push ups in less than 2 minutes. 47 sit ups in less than 2 minutes, 2 mile run in less than 18 minutes. 60 Points on each event is required.