Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a boxing fitness routine...?

Would anybody give me an effective fitness routine to build muscle, aerobic and anaerobic fitness...?
    Im not overweight, but I want to build muscle (not to be huge - I would be doing weights - just to be cut) and get very fit. I also have no butt, so I would appreciate any specific butt exercises, and ab-work.

The only equipment I have is a heavy bag (and gloves, obviously), a chin-up bar, skipping rope and a (5kg I think) medicine ball.
    I currently swim 5 times a week, so I have pretty strong shoulders and are fit, but my leg muscles are lacking, and I like the feeling of punching stuff!

Also, could you help me with specific technique for the punches?? I fear that I am currently doing it wrong because my fingers often hurt afterwards... Does that get better over time? Should I punch less hard?

I would really appreciate it if you would help me with this!

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    training your legs without going to the gym is hard =/ I guess if you skip on your skipping rope more often your leg muscles would get better.

and about the punching maybe you don't close your feast the right way, look at some sites in the web that have pictures for closing your feast right. the best way to know how to do it all right is to train with a team and a couch.

Junior Member BrickfiststAgaint's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'd be surprised, but the main reason boxers have that body is because they don't have a lot of body fat, which means they do lots of cardio (running, jumping rope, etc.). A proper boxer doesn't incorporate weights or weight-based routines, but rather natural exercises such as pushups and situps (and even then, the only floor work absolutely mandatory is situps). A properly trained boxer will also spar as much as possible, as sparring prepares you like nothing else can. One of the most important things that are neglected by many is shadowboxing. Shadowboxing is how big, heavyweight guys like Floyd Patterson and Mike Tyson got their hands and combinations thrown quick as hell. Without the resistance of a bag or the impact of hitting an opponent to stop your punches and combination flurries, it's shadowboxing with your combinations that puts you on the road to being as fast as you can be. How many boxers or fighters do you know who approach shadowboxing as a serious workout? None who want to be taken seriously.

Here's my personal schedule I made (and never actually got around to doing for more than three days in a row) for myself based off of the routines of other professionals, as well as talking on the phone with Kevin Rooney from time to time. My advice is to take it and switch things around, lower or increase repetitions to your preference and mess around with it in order to make it work for you.

Monday-Friday

Morning (6:00 AM):
    Stretch - 5 minutes
    Jog 3-5 miles.
    Eat breakfast.
    Go back to bed.

Noon (12:00 PM):
    Stretch - 5 minutes
    Shadowboxing - 10 minutes
    Sparring - 10 rounds
    Slip Bag - 10 minutes
    Speed Bag 10 minutes

Afternoon (6:00 PM):
    Stretch - 5 minutes
    Punch mitts and Body Protector - 10 minutes
    Double-end bag - 10 minutes
    Heavy Bag - 10 minutes
    Floor work (in circuits of 5):
    - 100 Sit-ups (20)
    - 100 Crunches (20)
    - 100 Oblique sit-ups (20)
    - 100 Push-ups (20)
    - 100 Dips (20)
    Neck Work - 10 minutes
    Jump Rope - 10 minutes
    Medicine Ball to Stomach and Ribs - 5 minutes

Night: (9:00 PM):
    Stretch - 5 minutes
    Bike Ride - 30 minutes

Most importantly, eat right. None of it will work if you don't eat right.