Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do i go to this dance with my bodybuilding contest the next day?

My girlfriend is graduating from her undergraduate studies in a few short weeks, and I intend on graduating in December. This Friday night, there is a formal dance for seniors only that will be graduating in May or December, making us both eligible to participate.

Here's the issue: The past 8-10 weeks, I have been strictly dieting, working out, and working my butt off for this bodybuilding competition at my school. I have done cardio sessions 4-5x a week, lifting 4 days a week, counting calories, practicing posing, everything, and sure enough, the show/contest/competition is the following day. From what I"ve heard, the night before you're supposed to lay low, be calm, and not do a whole lot except rest.

Before we heard about this dance, she had intended on going to my induction ceremony to this honors society, which we thought was Friday night, but sure enough, it happens to land at 5 pm, so there's plenty of time to go to this dance still. Once she found that out, she REALLY wants to go. That Friday/Saturday, I will be cutting my water down to make my body look the best, I will have run around all day at class and this induction, and I will be dehydrated in a hot climate.

Do I go to make her happy, or do I stay in and rest? I really want to look my best in the show and I feel like I'm a legit contender to win if I look really good

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a bodybuilder too and i kinda understand the situation you are in
    what i would suggest is: go but DO NOT drink! not even one little drink
    and tell your girlfriend you are going but you cannot really stay too late (leave before 00:00) and explain to her that this competition is important for you but you are still making the effort to come to the dance

Downloads
    Uploads
    ITS UP TO YOU. What ever you decide just make sure you dont "blame" her for any bad news you may get. (in your relationship or in the competition) Both things sound important to both of you. Maybe just a 1 hour dance session and rest ... IDK man. Both things you have worked hard on. Just dont forget the big picture... LIFE. Once that body is gone where do you think she will be ???? Now what should you decide???? Good luck!