At 113 years of age, Walter Breuning has seen a lot (and I mean A LOT) of fad diets come and go. So what's the dietary secret to his longevity?

Eating less... yup, that's pretty much it!

Breuning was born in 1896. Before we get into how he defies father time, let that sink in for a minute... eighteen freaking ninety-six! Here's what was going on around the time Walter was born:
The first modern Olympics took place.
The X-Ray was invented.
A man was fined for breaking the speed limit of 2mph.
George Burns was born that same year--that guy was OLD and he's been dead for a while now!

Now obviously old Walt has some pretty good genes to have lived to supercentenarian-hood. But, here is some advice Breuning offers to help explain his impressive mileage:
I think you should push back from the table when you're still hungry.
At 5 foot 8 and 125 pounds, Breuning limits himself to a big breakfast and lunch every day and no supper. Breakfast usually consists of eggs, toast or pancakes.

You get in the habit of not eating at night, and you realize how good you feel. If you could just tell people not to eat so darn much.

Breuning also eats a lot of fruit every day and takes a low dose aspirin, the only medication of any kind he takes.

Don't forget the water:
I drink water all the time and just a bit of coffee. I drink a cup and a half of coffee for breakfast and a cup with lunch.

Breuning celebrated his 113th birthday with not one but two cakes, one chocolate and one vanilla. And, for his birthday lunch he got his favorite, liver and onions. source