I have a dc motor that I have no idea where it came from, or what voltage/current/power it is rated for. I've tried to run it on a 24V AC source, with a rectifier converting it to DC. The rectifier was rated at 100V/1.5A. Needless to say, after a couple seconds of operation I got a visit from the smoke genie and the rectifier was fried. I got a 400V/4A rectifier and measured the current for a brief second (I turned the circuit off quickly so I didn't fry anything else), but the current measured was over 10A (on the DC side). This seems like an extremely high current. The motor itself measures about 1.5in diameter and 2.25in height. When it ran for a couple seconds, I didn't see any sparks or hear anything, so I'm assuming it's a brushless. Is 10A a high current for a motor that size (the motor has fan blades attached to the shaft, so it's probably lightly loaded)? I don't know that much about how a motor operates - would reducing the voltage drop the current draw? Is there some reason the 10A reading might be wrong? Any advice to help clarify this situation is greatly appreciated! Thank you!