Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
View RSS Feed

hilojenny

Revelation from the Challenge to Apple

Rate this Entry
The challenge to Apple has never stopped, and we all remember those MP3 players, Tablets and mobile phones produced by Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, HP and Nokia etc, none of them succeeded, some of them ever quit from the market forever. So what have we learned from all these examples?

Just like what Michael Scott has said, “You can fight with myth, once it spreads in the Internet, it can’t be changed.” There have been numerous companies to challenge Apple's myth, the most famous is Microsoft's Zune challenges iPod, at that time, Microsoft was confident about the technical performance of their product, and they had plenty of marketing funds, but what happened after a few years? iPod is still the most popular MP3 player and iPod touch is becoming an essential part in our lives, we use it to listen to music, to play games, to watch movies, to do everything we can imagine. We can transfer music from ipod to computer and even can make phone calls with iPod touch, so now you know how funny Zune wants to challenge iPod.

How does Zune stack up against the iPod? The general opinion is that Microsoft did all right, but maybe not quite enough to counter Apple's dominant grip on the MP3 player market. Zune handles all of the basics -- music, video, podcasts, apps, games and photos. The Zune and the iPod share many of the same features, including a touch screen interface and built-in WiFi. The Zune HD's screen is smaller than the one on the iPod touch -- 3.3 inches compared to 3.5 inches, respectively. The Zune HD also features an HD radio tuner, something the iPod touch doesn't have. But the demands of iPod are always bigger than other devices, as well as those accessories like ipod to itunes transfer free. So why would this happen?

Steve Jobs had commented on the causes of Microsoft Zune’s failure, “When I grow older, I realize the importance of 'motivation'. Zune is a failure, because Microsoft does not love music and art like we, we win, because we love music from the heart. we produce the iPod is for our own, when you really do things for yourself, your friends or family, you will not give up easily, but if you do not like it, then you would not take one more step and would be reluctant to work overtime on weekends, you just only indulge in the status quo. "

The analysis of reasons why Apple succeeds from Jobs seems like have nothing unique. But in fact, Apple's unique value inherent in the attitude of excellence and depth of the potential demand of consumers to grasp. Jobs said he never did market research, never hired marketing consultant, he said: "You can not walk on the streets to ask someone ‘what is the next great product?’”

So to me, the revelation is you can’t just follow Apple and copy their products, what you need to do is to figure out why they produce these products, what demands have they seen from the market.

Submit "Revelation from the Challenge to Apple" to Digg Submit "Revelation from the Challenge to Apple" to del.icio.us Submit "Revelation from the Challenge to Apple" to StumbleUpon Submit "Revelation from the Challenge to Apple" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

An incredible proportion! This could be very specific component you put on that post and I can observed which you have made an powerful analysis on it. Your writing capability is a great deal more desirable.I am positive you may get many effective evaluations and also you deserving it and some thing major for you. Much efforts I even have visible with the achievement of writing service in doing some excellent stuff.
    I am glad to read it.
    <a href="www.aybabag.jindo.com">aybabag</a>
    I am very glad to read this info.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: