Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
View RSS Feed

cocomj

Top Party Songs for a Great Time

Rate this Entry
Party songs provide the soundtrack for some of the best times of our life. This list of the top party songs will get you began in choosing the soundtrack for the best occurrence. What makes a great party song? Attractive, danceable, and fun to sing with friends are three key elements. If you love to have parties, you should not miss this list. As an ipad user, you need an ipad music transfer to help you put these songs to your ipad. Do you have a favorite one?

Jay-Z and Kanye West - "Ni**as In Paris"
"Jay-Z and Kanye West - Watch the Throne"Courtesy Def Jam
Jay-Z and Kanye West came up with one of the most irresistible party hooks of 2011 in this song. It also features the most hilarious spoken word interlude in a long, long time. Your party soundtrack of the moment is incomplete without "Ni**as In Paris."

David Guetta - "Turn Me On" featuring Nicki Minaj
"David Guetta - Nothing But the Beat"Courtesy Virgin
Nicki Minaj sings! OK, so it's not going to replace the quality of her raps as she proves late in the song, but this is a seriously hot dance party track.

Big Sean - "Dance (A$$)"
"Big Sean - "Dance (A$$)""Courtesy Def Jam
It has been criticized as a "stale stripper anthem," but "Dance (A$$)" complete with a witty rap from Nicki Minaj has brought rapper Big Sean his first top 10 pop hit. It is a top 3 hit on both the rap and R&B songs charts. Add it to your party list and try not to join in the chorus.

Breathe Carolina - "Blackout"
"Breathe Carolina - Hell Is What You Make It"Courtesy Fearless Records
Electronic pop duo Breathe Carolina are one of the breakout artists of the last quarter of 2011. "Blackout" is the primary reason why. It has an edgy electronic rock sound that breaks down into a gorgeous, dreamy bridge. You will get the party dancing with this ultra-catchy song.

Gloria Estefan - "Hotel Nacional"
"Gloria Estefan - "Hotel Nacional""Courtesy Verve Forecast
Gloria Estefan has set a chart record with this song. She is the first woman to debut at #1 on the Latin Songs chart. After hearing "Hotel Nacional" it's not hard to see why. It is instantly catchy in a simultaneously contemporary and retro way. Clear the dance floor and welcome Gloria Estefan back in style.

Avicii - "Levels"
"Avicii - "Levels""Courtesy Interscope
If you want to know why Flo Rida's "Good Feeling" was engaging, head back here to the source material. Master DJ Avicii blends that massive "Good Feeling" hook and the Etta James vocal sample into a club ready dance gem.

LMFAO - "Sexy and I Know It"
"LMFAO - "Sexy and I Know It""Courtesy Interscope
Could LMFAO come up with a truly worthy successor to "Party Rock Anthem?" The answer to that question is a resounding yes! "Sexy and I Know It" is a great party singalong as well as being very very funny in its own right. "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle..."

Skrillex - "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites"
"Skrillex - "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites""Courtesy Big Beat
Skrillex is a massive music star on the rise. He is known for both his remixes of pop hits and original material. "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" is his arresting original single. One listen and you are likely to fall in love with the sounds of Skrilex.

Selena Gomez and the Scene - "Love You Like a Love Song"
"Selena Gomez and the Scene - "Love You Like a Love Song""Courtesy Hollywood Records
Selena Gomez has had a slow burn pop hit for six months with this delectable midtempo dance song. Add it to the party soundtrack and you are certain to have plenty of pleased fans singing along.

Pitbull - "Give Me Everything" featuring Ne-Yo, AfroJack, and Nayer
"Pitbull - "Give Me Everything" featuring Ne-Yo, AfroJack, and Nayer"Courtesy J Records
Pitbull gathers a small group of collaborators for his latest party anthem. Ne-Yo's gorgeous vocals soar as the pleasures of the here and now are celebrated.

Timbaland - "The Way I Are" featuring Keri Hilson
"Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson - "The Way I Are""Courtesy Interscope
Featuring Keri Hilson and rapper D.O.E., "The Way I Are," with its role reversal in romantic negotiations between men and women, became an instant party classic. The song went to #3 on the pop singles chart in the US and top 10 around the world.

Usher - "Yeah" featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris
"Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - "Yeah""Courtesy Atlantic
Crunk and R&B collided magnificently on this hit. The basic melody is a simple repeated three note structure underlying the repeated word "Yeah!" It has been a recognized party hit from initial release. "Yeah!" spent 12 weeks at #1 on the pop singles chart.

Shakira - "Hips Don't Lie" featuring Wyclef Jean
"Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie"Courtesy Epic
"Hips Don't Lie" is a reworking of Wyclef Jean's 2004 song "Dance Like This." Shakira wrote new material for the song and the result was the biggest pop hit of the year worldwide. The incorporation of salsa and cumbia elements adds to the world party feel of the track.

Mary J. Blige - "Family Affair"
"Mary J. Blige - "Family Affair""Courtesy MCA
"Family Affair" originated in a studio jam session led by Dr. Dre. Mary J. Blige heard the song and added lyrics and a melody line. The final result was produced by Dr. Dre. "Family Affair" helped bring the concept of crunk party music into the pop mainstream. The song spent six weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100.

Pink - "Get the Party Started"
"Pink - "Get the Party Started""Courtesy LaFace
"Get the Party Started" emerged out of producer and singer-songwriter Linda Perry's experiments while learning to program a drum machine. The song turned into a smash hit, and it remains timeless as a song to, indeed, use to "get this party started."

Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
"Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feelin'"Courtesy Interscope
The Black Eyed Peas hooked up with dance music producer David Guetta and out came one of the biggest pop hit singles of all time. "I Gotta Feeling" spent 14 weeks at #1. This is THE song to sing while getting ready for a great night out. And I really like their songs, not only this one. I have their songs in my ipod, mac and ipad. And you can transfer ipad music to itunes, then put them onto your mac or ipod.

Among these latter few, these songs are not new, but still popular. Have you a favourite music style, besides "party sons"?

Submit "Top Party Songs for a Great Time" to Digg Submit "Top Party Songs for a Great Time" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Party Songs for a Great Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Party Songs for a Great Time" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: