Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reset Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System/Nissan Anti-Theft System (IVIS/NATS)?

I need your assistance!! I have a 1999 Infiniti G20 and I was putting my other car keys in the ignition by accident and then when I put the correct car keys in, the car would not start. I googled info on the safety features and I found that Infiniti's come with a Vehicle Immobilizer System/Nissan Anti-Theft System. What I cant find out is how to re-set it. All I know is that the keys need to be reset but I want to know if I could do it myself or do I have to take it to a shop. I am asking you since I know you had a Nissan Maxima and I dont know if you pulled this stupid move like me or not.

Unregistered
    You can reset the NATS or IVIS with your same key, insert the correct key and put it in off position or ACC, put the ignition switch in on position(do not try to start the engine) keep the switch on for 5 seconds and then move it back to off position, repeat this procedure 2 more times for a total of 3 cycles. It sounds complicated but it works, I did it for my G20 2002, the instructions comes from a CD repair manual.

Unregistered
    Thank you so much for this information. I just tried this on my own '02 G20 and it worked!. Of course, since it seemed to be a computer issue I first tried to close all the open windows and then re-open them :-) but it looks like I just had to do the automotive equivalent of clicking the heels of my ruby slippers together and saying "I wanna go home", eh, Dorothy?