Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Replacing pollen/Cabin filter on Nissan Micra K11 1999 Model

I was just wondering how you go about changing the pollen filter / cabin filter on a Nissan Micra 1999 model do you get to it from inside the car or under the bonnet. I have a Haynes repair manual but don't seem to be any mention in there about how to replace it.

Additional Details: I havent got A/C on the micra its just normal does that mean we cdont have a filter on our Micra then?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If equip with in cabin filter you access it Thur the glove box opening I just remove the glove box The filter either is on top of the blower unit or between the blower and Evaporator (A/C heat exchanger) and the heater box. Some time there are two tabs that say pull carefully pull upward on those tabs that releases the plastic rectangle shaped door. Remember the old filter has everything your allergic to stuck to it. Rubber gloves and particle mask might be needed. I just sneeze!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have aircon, then you have a pollen filter. It's behind the glovebox.
    After removing the glovebox, you need to cut the panel behind to remove & replace the filter.

Unregistered

Screwdriver micra pollen filter-- fitted or not ??

i have a micra 1.4 se on a 52 plate with aircon and after cuting the dash behind the glove box and getting the conversion kit (metalbracket to replce section cut out ) i searched hih and low for a pollen filter /trap door then i got other mechs in our garage to search ,and i never ever found one, metal brkt fitted glove box replaced , SO the burning question is ,, are all the micra's with air con fitted with pollen filters or are the filters optional extras????????????

Unregistered

micra pollen filter-- fitted or not ??

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have a micra 1.4 se on a 52 plate with aircon and after cuting the dash behind the glove box and getting the conversion kit (metalbracket to replce section cut out ) i searched hih and low for a pollen filter /trap door then i got other mechs in our garage to search ,and i never ever found one, metal brkt fitted glove box replaced , SO the burning question is ,, are all the micra's with air con fitted with pollen filters or are the filters optional extras????????????
    Just in case there is still interest in this matter.....
    Apparently, not all Micra's with A/C come with a pollen filter and unfortunately in such a case it can not (officially) be installed either.
    I managed today to retrofit an original pollen filter in my 2002 Micra where there was NONE fitted ex-factory, although the car has the factory A/C fitted. Apart from cutting the dash behind the glove box I also had to cut a rectangular, vertical opening in the blower housing according to the dimensions of the plastic cover plate that I bought. This cover plate is held in place by a catch on the top side (had to make this), and a screw at the bottom - strangely enough the recess for the bottom clip nut was there.
    Finally the pollen filter slid into place for the first time and the cover plate was installed - it comes with a foam seal glued onto it. In order to fit the screws that hold the metal bracket on the dash you need 3 pcs of a special push-in metal nut. All is available from Nissan.
    It helps a lot to look in the parts manual in order to understand how the pollen filter version looks like, that's how I did it, with a little help of the local Nissan dealer.