Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why won't my os, win xp pro recognize sata blue ray/dvd, pioneer bdr-205 bk?

system "sees" my sata hd but not my blu-ray/dvd rw (also sata) can't seem to find drivers found a firmware update for my bdr-205 bk but don't think it will help if system won;t recognize it.xp pro serv pac 3

Downloads
    Uploads
    you probably have not set defaults for running the programs that it takes to run it. You might have to go into your BIOS and set the defaults there, F1 at boot up.
    Your BIOS " AND " OS have to read it. So make sure you are programmed coorectly.
    I would try to unplug the hard ware, run the computer, and then shut it off and plug it back in. Now, see if the computer runs it; it should give you notification that it has reconized it.
    If you have the three pronged plug and block in your computer; it's on the mother board and " very " small. Run the computer, shut it off, unplug it, change the block cover the " other " two prongs, run it for a couple of minutes, shut off, then put the block " back " to where it was. This procedure is " for " letting the computer reconize hard ware.

Downloads
    Uploads
    XP has no native drivers for SATA drives they are all third party drivers especially external ones you need a general sata driver or one from the dvd manufacturers specifically for XP

Downloads
    Uploads
    XP has no native drivers for SATA drives they are all third party drivers especially external ones you need a general sata driver or one from the dvd manufacturers specifically for XP