So I recently purchased an iHas DVD Drive. There is no SATA port on my laptop, so i also bought a SATA to USB cable. It also came with a SATA to IDE/Block power supply. So just want to say power isn't the cause of this trouble. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 7741Z-4433
Anyway, i plug it into my laptop, and it installed the drivers just fine, and it showed up as another DVD Drive in My Computer. I can even right click the drive and click "eject" and the disc tray will eject. But after like 2 minutes, it won't show in My Computer, and i keep hearing that sound when you plug/unplug a device into your computer. The sound constantly goes off every 5-10 seconds. When i unplug the cable and plug back in, the sound will go off constantly and windows won't detect the drive at all, and will sometimes pop up a message saying it cannot recognize the device.

I have another laptop, a Studio Dell laptop, and the drive works perfectly on that laptop. I even tried it with my XP desktop computer and it will well on that. So why doesnt it work on my Acer? This is the laptop i use most. I have seen some articles about this saying i need to change registry values, and restart and change the Sata option in the BIOS. Well i did that and i thought i lost my computer forever. But im VERY thankful for Windows startup repair utility!!

Can you please help me? thanks