Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why won't my DVD CD ROM play or write cd/dvd 's anymore? I get messages like No...

...disc in drive or insert disc Using Windows xp (media center edition), Used to work fine to play and write cd/dvd. (Also equipped with lightscribe.) It doesn't recognize any cd/dvd to play or a blank one. In Device Mgr, (!) on SCSI RAID host controllers that device cannot start, which I don't know if they are related or not. I believe the SCSI RAID problem was showing up even when the DVD CD ROM used to work. Device Mgr. says DVD/ CD ROM is working properly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are 2 ways to fix this problem, one way is to go to your local electronics store and buy a cd drive cleaner, its a disk that comes with some fluid, you put the fluid on the disk and it cleans the inside of your drive, the 2nd thing you could do is to go to your device manager ( right click my computer and click on the hardware tab, and then you'll see device manager) and uninstall your dvd/cd drive, reboot, and let windows reinstall the software for you.