Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ronnieu

why are there viruses even in a DVD/CD disc?

Last week I downloaded many softwares from the internet, and scanned all together which had no viruses or spywares,..then burned to a DVD disc for a backup master copy...but today when I tried to use those softwares from the disc some softwares were found infected with viruses...
    it was OK last week, but today with many viruses...and I know my PC is safe from viruses after scanning twice, except in the disc...why are there viruses even in a disc?

and even some softwares became corrupted also

Downloads
    Uploads
    its not on disk but software is curepted try to redownload , when software can not run. u can see some dll file not found that y u see some vires in my dvd

Downloads
    Uploads
    There can go everwhere in computer files like songs pdf txt everywhere i think before your virus scanner was not updated

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can only give you a scenario on which a virus works......Virus are programs which can not execute itself automatically...until it is not fiddled or executed......in your case.....it seems that it was not effective on those files (.exe files) until it was fiddled by your Antivirus program....once those files where checked by your Antivirus....the virus in the Memory (as in process memory) effected those files......also as you told me that it is now detecting those virus.......

On other scenario; as you told me that you downloaded the files from Internet and then scanned at that time......found no viruses......now your Antivirus was updated automatically and new virus definations where provided to your antivirus program....and now today when you ran the scan again the viruses which where undetected by your antivirus last time was detected after updation...............it is not that your file was infected at that time...it was....however it was not detected......I believe that I made it clear for you.......Hope I did.... ......

Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes the virus software does not recognize the software and names it a virus. Sometimes the virus software is correct and it is a virus but sometimes it is just being cautious and reads it as a virus.

To be safe you should probably load your disk into another computer with virus protection, scan and see if it also reads it as a virus. If it does then you should not risk mounting it to your harddrive.