Project in Sonic MyDVD Ver. 4.5? When I open MyDVD and I choose "Create or Modify a DVD project" and click "Get Movies" and then browse for the file, while the program is "Building Movie" an error message appears that says "could not complete last command because: unknown error".

video size - 640x480 pixels
duration - 24:14
bit rate - 128kbps
audio format - mpeg layer 3
frame rate - 23 fps
data rate - 963kbps
video sample size - 12 bit
video compression - DivX

Also, using this program, how do I create the standard DVD project (similar to professional DVDs bought at Best Buy et al.) in which:
1) There is a main menu screen from which all movie files can be played in a row with a button such as "Play Movie" or "Play all Episodes".
2) There is also a secondary menu to A) choose between episodes and optionally B) to also choose to play certain parts of episodes.

Each episode is a separate file so option A may be manageable without modifying the video.

For option B do I need to use another program to split up the episodes even further, such as into 4 or 5 parts. I have 12 episodes so if I split them each into 5 parts I would have 12x5=60 video files to deal with. This may affect the "Play All Episodes" button which I desire.

I also want to have a "Motion Background" on the main menu screen, created from one of the episodes, but I can't even do that if this program will not even accept these files without error messages.

Also, is there a better DVD Creator program to use? I already have Nero installed, but it will not accept my AVI or MKV files.

I went to this site http://lifehacker.com/232322/hack-attack-burn-almost-any-video-file-to-a-playable-dvd and he recommends DVD Flick, but this program will not create a nice menu screen. DVD Styler is the other program he recommends, when you want to create a nice menu screen, but it also requires you to modify the files beforehand.

I have Microsoft Expression Encoder to work with video, but when I tried to encode video from my iPhone (I thought 70Mb was an excessive file size, so I tried to make it smaller.) the result was just a purple screen. And I may only have the trial version of Encoder.

Thanks.