Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Rachel

why is it taking 9 hours to burn a 4gb dvd using nero?

im using nero express 2.

ive added the movie to burn, and it says..."transcoding, 9 hours remaining". and its making my whole comp run slow.

i definetly have a dvd burning drive as it says dvd r/rw....Dvd.r.dl & Compactdisk rewritable.

this is my first time ever burning a movie to a dvd/r disc, so i need help.

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try another software nero will slow any pc down no matter how fast . A dvd should only take 10-15 min at 8x 12 x 8-12 min

Downloads
    Uploads
    Transcoding - your PC is converting the movie into another format possibly while your burning the DVD. Basically your computer is doing 2 very tiring functions simultaneously.

If you have a DivX/Xvid DVD player or are planning to play it on computers only you could burn the files directly to disc.
    If not then just wait or get Nero/Roxio DVD burning programs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Transcoding - your PC is converting the movie into another format possibly while your burning the DVD. Basically your computer is doing 2 very tiring functions simultaneously.

If you have a DivX/Xvid DVD player or are planning to play it on computers only you could burn the files directly to disc.

If not then just wait or get Nero/Roxio DVD burning programs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    most times the time remaining is not correct. It is usually faster. But if your hardrive is full or you have little ram this might slow the process down.
    What you might want to do if you havent started burning yet is reset your computer, dont open any applications except for nero and try your burn again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need more memory and a faster processor.

My old computer was like that...

I would set the DVD Maker to run before bed and it might not be done come morning.

It all boils down to systems resources... If your computer is old or slow, then it will take forever...

My new computer (A franken-computer built by a friend) now only takes a couple of hours to do a disk.

Buy more RAM!

Adrian
    The question can't be answered without giving a very detailed answer. If you want a thoughtful, thorough, and exacting answer, check out this website: