Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why don't I get audio on my PC with DVD's?

If I put a CD in the same drive I can listen to it.
    I have tried a few different DVD players including win media player and power DVD and others... I can watch the video, but there is no audio.

running win xp

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Audio codec is a reasonable possibility, but if its not that, make sure your audio isn't set up for dolby digital surround or anything like that. I had a similar problem one time and because of my setup it wouldn't play audio without setting for the monitor's speakers. Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    CLICK ON THE LITTLE SPEAKER ICON DOWN IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF THE SCREEN. nOW THERE MAY BE A LITTLE LINE THAT SAYS MIXER CLICK ON THE MIXER THEIR YOU CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF DIFFERENT THINGS ON THE COMPUTER

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, are you sure you have a dvd rom and not just a regular cd rom? It should have played with the stuff you've tried it on already. Try it on this player here because this one will play dvd's without installing more codecs,

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (official vlc site) Plays almost anything without the need for external codecs.

If you don't want to try that install shark007 codec pack and then retry it on windows media player. Gom player and kmplayer would be your last options. Kmplayer plays dvd's very good, and its the only player i've seen where you can adjust the brightness while playing a dvd.

In my link below you will find official links and step by step instructions to install shark007 codec pack for windows media player. And at the bottom of my link you will find official links to vlc, gom, and kmplayer. I would try vlc first. If none of these players will play it then nothing will.

I hope this helps you out. See links below.