Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my Modern Warfare 2 disc read as a DVD?

Recently my Xbox had been dying. I had the "open tray" error. As a result of the console itself breaking I eventually realized that it had destroyed my MW2 disc as a result. There was a huge gash going around the center and it was not able to be played on any Xbox. So, I brought my disc to an electronic repair shop and they "repaired" it. The problem is, now when I put the disc into a working Xbox, it takes a little longer than usual to read it then right before the screen fades to black to load the disc, the window says "play dvd" as opposed to "play modern warfare 2". Then once the game loads I just see the Xbox 360 logo with a white background. It happens 100% of the time I try it and it's the only disc that does so. Has anyone ever heard of this occurring and can anyone offer some advice as to a way to resolve this issue? I would really hate to shell out another 60 bucks just because Microsoft's awful hardware destroyed my disc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ive had it read as a dvd in the past, and every once in a while it will start doing it for me. to fix it, i just take mw2 out, and close it with no discs inside. then i let it go and find out theres nothing in there, open it, and put mw2 in and it works. idk if it will work for you though because yours seems connected to the disc being "fixed", mine just happens randomly. good luck.