I just hate that thing! I mean, my dad bought a Sony DVD Player DVP-NS611HP months ago (Region Code 1*). And it plays dvds clearly because it can play videos with 1080p. And one day, as I was walking around this CD store, I stumbled upon this Angels and Demons DVD (Region Code 3*) with that hologram on its cover and it was on sale!

God if you only knew how much a DVD cost here in the Philippines your eyes would pop out!

Ok, back to the topic, I bought the DVD because I want to watch it on our Sony DVD. I was so eager to go home that day just to watch it in high definition. As I inserted the DVD on the player, the DVD flashed these goddamned words, "Playback Prohibited Due to Area Limitations". I was bummed out when I learned that DVD companies make DVDs with region codes. And now, I just have to resort to watch Angels and Demons on a dvd player that plays dvds with low quality pictures.

Got any ideas how to fix this? Can a repair man remove these codes on the player?

*- I have no idea about the region codes before I bought Angels and Demons.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add a small detail. I don't want to copy the original dvd because I think that the dvd quality will be lost. And I think my laptop can't hold a large file for me to copy to a new DVD..