For me, if you can't record it onto a DVD, then it's useless. Is everybody these days just too lazy or busy to record DVD's, so all they can do is record into their TiVo and DVR recorders? Doesn't anybody like making permanent copies on discs anymore?

This issue frustrates me to no end. I RELY on DVD Recorders for many purposes. I can only find one brand and type of DVD Recorder in stores now (and only in Best Buy). Where did they all go? If TiVo and DVR recorders only records digitally within the units themselves, what's the point? Just to watch and then delete? I don't get it?

Another issue I'm facing is DVD Vs Blu-Ray Vs Digital.
I personally prefer DVD. They're cheaper and more reliable than Blu-Ray. I bought the Simpsons season 14 on Blu-Ray, and it takes FOREVER to load. Push the wrong button, and you have to wait for it to load AGAIN. And I personally can NOT see any difference in clarity between DVD and Blu-Ray. Only in price and storage capacity. I have a 40" HDTV, and they look the same.

I have absolutely no use for digital ANYTHING! I like physical copies of movies and video games. I like to display them in a shelf. I like to own the actual movie or game, not just have it saved in a digital file inside something that can get corrupted and erased.

Seriously, why are SO many people loving and supporting TiVo, DVR's and digital gaming etc.? You're all causing my favorite formats to become obsolete. I'm afraid if things keep going down the digital route, I'll have to give up my video game hobby, and give up watching ANYTHING on tv.