Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What will my dvd burner burn ?

I have a hp ze5400 laptop it has a (Sony DW-P50A) dvd burner in it i need to know what dvd's & cd's it will burn so i buy the correct ones i have searched everywhere and cant find the info i want i did do a update from sony for the dvd burner is there a way i can find out on my computer what it will burn any & all info would be awesome ...

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Download the FREE Nero InfoTool from the following website, my friend.

When you run it, it will give you information on which type of CDs/DVDs that your DVD+R can handle.

It doesn't name specific brands, but it will tell you if it can read and/or write to -R discs, +R discs, RAM discs, etc.

It doesn't need installing either. It's an executable (.exe) file and a .dll file. I've scanned them both with Avast anti-virus software and several anti-malware products. Both appear clean.

Edit:

I've been looking, but still can't find anywhere that has a list of compatible brands of CD/DVD that will work with this specific drive, my friend. The second url below, however, does offer the specifications of the drive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    fooget about it