Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What can I do to malke the dvd player on my computer work better?

It is not playing correctly-it runs slowly and makes it seem as if the dvd is dragging or going slow motion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't even mess around with the firmware... what you're describing sounds like a dying drive to me. Just buy a new one off newegg.com or somewhere – you can get a great one for like $45+/-

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be that the drive is about to fail. Barring that, you could try to update the firmware. Go to the Support site of the PC manufacturer or the optical drive manufacturer and search for the latest firmware. Then check to see if yours is up to date by comparing the version numbers.

You must read and follow exactly the instructions for updating the firmware or you could "brick" the drive.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your PC. Again, check on the Support site of your PC manufacturer.

Check out this site;
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Diagnostic_-Utility/

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way and you will see two Nero disc/drive utility tools which may help in diagnosing your drive.